Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Devi - my Divine Mother

Here's an assembly of words to expose a brief glimpse of the journey from the snapshot of BITS - Pilani - in front of Maa Saraswati temple - as a driven yet confused teenage boy - and then 16 years later in front of Linga Bhairavi idol at Isha - as a clearer yet excuse-making saadhak


She took me in Her arms then,

Just one among the thousands of young men.

 

Giving direction to the intense upsurge of energy within,

Making the boundaries of one's capabilities thin.

 

Dissolved utterly in Her loving embrace was I,

There was nowhere else to go, nothing low or high.

 

With unreasonable madness and the passionate grit,

In front of Her shining white stone form did I sit.

 

Words and judgements mattered less and less,

Giving hard time to myself but knowing that I was blessed.

 





I sit here today, yet again, in front of Her another form,

Bowing to my Mother while feeling that I am being re-born.

 

Didn’t realize how these sixteen years flew by,

A district collector was borne out of our little boy.

 

Ridden with guilt, evasion and all shades of emotions,

Ready to face the stormiest of life's commotions.

 




Maa,

Hardly anything has changed since we last met,

Posts and honours of this world are not to be fret.

 

The boy is the same with shades of emotions intact,

With his mad devotion and the passionate grit to act.

 

Have been often fooled to believe that I am on my own,

Don’t know how to thank You for being there all along…

 


  



No comments:

Powered By Blogger